Wednesday, August 28, 2013

IMPORTANT QUOTES




“Whatever comes," she said, "cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumph to be one all the time when no one knows it.”

― Frances Hodgson BurnettA Little Princess






Quote about Friendship



" I wish we could be 'best friends.' Would you have me for
 yours? You're clever and I'm the stupidest child in the  school I---oh, I do so like you!"

                                      - chapter 3 line 68 



Quotes about Jealousy


 

One of Miss Minchin's chief secret annoyances was that she did 
not speak French herself, and was desirous of concealing the 
irritating fact, 

                                      - chapter 2 line 24


*take a note that this is the moment when Miss Minchin really starts to dislike Sara because of Sara's speaking French skill which Miss Minchin does not have.





Lavinia, in fact, was spiteful. She was inordinately jealous of Sara. Until the new pupil's arrival, she had felt herself the leader in the school.

                            - chpater 4 line 6







Quotes about Courage







"Beggars have nowhere to live," she said courageously.

"I have a place to live in."

                                - chapter 9 line 4 











"I don't like it, papa," she said. " But then I dare say 

soldiers--even brave ones--don't really LIKE going into
battle."

                             - chapter 1 line 20







Some Memorable Lines









Capt. Crewe: What are you doing? Memorizing me by heart? 

Sara Crewe: No... I already know you by heart.










Miss Minchin: Don't tell me you still fancy yourself a princess? Child, look around you! Or better yet, look in the mirror. 
Sara Crewe: I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell you that? Didn't he? 





















No comments:

Post a Comment